Prepare for the College of Ag. Career Fair! Prepare for your Future!
Make the most out of your career fair experience by being prepared. Take these steps:
1. Take advantage of James W. Stuckert Career Center Drop-In Hours (Tuesday - Thursday from 12 p.m. - 3 p.m.) to have your resume critiqued.
2. Dress appropriately! This may be the first impression you make on your future employer!
4. Bring at least 20 copies of your resume on resume paper. Resume paper is available for purchase in N8 Ag. Science North for $1.00/10 sheets (or for purchase at bookstores and office supply stores)
5. Review the companies attending the career fair and do your research. What is their product or service? How do you fit into the company's culture or mission?
6. Develop your 60-second commercial!
This short verbal presentation should:
> be an advertisement
> highlight your strengths and education
> be tailored to each situation
> demonstrate your enthusiasm, personal style, and judgement
7. Maximize your Job Fair experience! Follow up; using the business cards you collected, write the key company representatives. Don't waste an opportunity!